VoIP, SIP, Mobiles
Cloud, Hybrid, Wifi
Chalvington Group is a company registered in England and Wales.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Chalvington Group, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Chalvington Group is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you use our services, or go online, provides you with information about.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Chalvington Group uses your personal data:
– for legitimate business reasons to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your implicit agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable Chalvington Group to manage customer service interactions with you through
– to manage any registered customer account(s) that you hold with us on our CRM system (Customer Relationship Management) and accounting software.
Chalvington Group Promotional Communications
Chalvington Group uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (based on legitimate interest)
Chalvington Group aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
- contacting Chalvington Group via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
When you contact Chalvington Group, by phone, email or online form you will be set up with a customer account on our CRM. The CRM enables the team at Chalvington Group to work together and process your enquiries efficiently. If an enquiry is made through one of our online contact forms, on the website may associate your IP address with your contact details in our CRM. This enables data to be collected directly from about your browsing activity on the Chalvington Group Website and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that you are contacted with information on products and offers that are personalised and most relevant to you. Chalvington Group is in the process of working with its CRM provider to provide the optional facility to disable these cookies. In the meantime, if you do not wish this data to be collected please make your enquiries by phone or email.
Sharing data with third parties
– Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Chalvington Group only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Chalvington Group and to you, and for no other purposes.
– Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Chalvington Group will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Chalvington Group to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Legally, different retention periods apply for different types of data. The longest we will normally hold any personal data, once any legitimate business activity has stopped, is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Chalvington Group may collect the following information about you:
– your name and gender;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your online browsing activities on the Chalvington Group website;
– your password(s);
– when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with Chalvington Group; and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, your browsing or purchasing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Chalvington Group is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data;
– regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
– regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
– penetration testing of systems;
– security controls which protect the entire Chalvington Group IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Chalvington Group sends invoices from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Invoices include a link to make payment online. If the email or invoice looks suspicious or you are unfamiliar please contact us on 01323 440555. Chalvington Group will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details within an email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Chalvington Group asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
Chalvington Group will take card payments requests from you over the phone. Details are entered directly into a Merchant Services payment portal and will never be noted or stored. Chalvington Group will never call you to ask you to confirm credit card details over the phone. If you receive a call claiming to be from Chalvington Group asking you to do so, please do not respond.
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
– (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING DATA
Chalvington Group collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
– the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
– complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Chalvington Group, including:-
– selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
– promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
– sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers, and explicitly consented to do so
– understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– managing insurance claims by customers;
– protecting Chalvington Group, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Simply Beautiful Print;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Chalvington Group; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
All of these web pages use “cookies”. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place on your computer or mobile device if you agree. These cookies allow it to distinguish you from other users of the website, which helps provide you with a good experience when you browse the website and provide Chalvington Group data about how the site is used, to improve its design and your experience.
Types of cookies used
The following types of cookies are used:
Strictly necessary cookies – these are essential in to enable you to move around the websites and use their features. Without these cookies the services you have asked for, such as leaving a comment clicking through a slideshow, cannot be provided.
Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often. This information is used to improve a website and to investigate any browsing problems raised by visitors. These cookies may collect information that identifies a visitor.
Functionality cookies – these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide more personal features. For instance, a functional cookie can be used to remember the volume level you prefer to use when watching videos on a website. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Specific cookies used on this site
If you have any questions about how Chalvington Group uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
– phone us on: 01323 440555
– e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
– write to us at: Chalvington Group, Units 6&7 Apex Business Park, Apex Way, Hailsham BN27 3JU
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk
Date: Sept 2019
Building long term partnerships with our clients
At Chalvington, we believe that the key to success is long-term, fruitful partnerships with our clients. Every service we provide is tailored specifically to your individual needs, all backed up by our friendly and approachable UK-based team of experts.
We offer a wide range of technical services to businesses of all sizes around the UK, from business mobiles to CCTV solutions.